Please see copy of letter sent to all USAV Region Leadership from USA Volleyball’s CEO:
Dear Regional Leadership –
As previously advised by the USOCP, we informed you that the national Small Business Administration (SBA) loan program is only open to for-profit organizations, however, this is not completely clear at this point and certain SBAs have distributed language that indicates non-profits are actually eligible. This could include USAV as well as the regions. Please check with your respective state SBA for more detailed eligibility and status of your federal disaster area designation. If you believe that you may need financial assistance, we recommend you seek out these opportunities and apply in the meantime just in case.
More information including the application link is available here: https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela/.
Note: The website and application will experience unprecedented traffic. If the page will not load, please check back at a later time.
TIPS FOR APPLYING:
· Include the disaster in your application – specifically name “COVID-19” or “Coronavirus”
· Apply online versus by mail
· Write your password down; neither the system nor any personnel are able to retrieve it
· Save your work at every prompt. The website may go down periodically due to high volume. If this happens, try to login again at a later time.
· Do not rush through the application. Check and recheck the filing requirements to ensure that all the needed information is completed prior to submission. The biggest reason for delays in processing is due to missing information.
· Be sure to use the same contact information (business name and the name of all owners) that you use on your federal tax returns. Double check that they match.
· If your tax returns reference other businesses that you own, you must also submit those tax returns in order to avoid processing delay.
· If more funds are needed, applicants can submit supporting documents and a request for an increase. If less funds are needed, applicants can request a reduction in the loan amount.
· If the loan request is denied, the applicant will be given up to six months in which to provide new information and submit a written request for reconsideration.
USAV will continue to provide you information and resources as they come available to us. Furthermore, if you have items that you believe would be good for the volleyball community, please send them to us so that we can include it on our dedicated COVID-19 webpage which has become a hub for such information.
Thanks, stay safe and GO USA!