TO ALL CLUB AND SITE DIRECTORS IN THE ODR:
***PLEASE READ AND ADHERE TO THE FOLLOWING USE OF SCORESHEETS.***
Procedures for scoresheet use have changed because of Covid-19. The 2-set scoresheet should be printed on the front of the scoresheet. The 1 set scoresheet for the 3rd set should be printer on the back. DO NOT USE A DECIDING SET SCORESHEET FOR SET 3.
- The coin toss takes place. After teams decide serve/receive or side, the referee tells the scorer which team is on which side. The referee also indicates which team serves first.
- Teams will not switch sides throughout the entire match. The team that starts on the left (Team A) will be on the left side for the entire match. Therefore, a scorer can fill out the names of the teams on the entire scoresheet ahead of time. Team A will always be on the left and Team B will always be on the right.
- Example: The name of team A is East End and the name of team B is West Side. You should place East End on the left side of each set of the scoresheets and West Side on the right side of each scoresheet.
- Please do not use the deciding set scoresheet. Use the ones I have attached to this email.
- If you are only playing 2 sets then a 2-set scoresheet is sufficient for the match.
I apologize for any confusion this may have caused. I should have briefed you earlier on the use of scoresheets this season.
If you have any questions you may email me. I am going to send a copy of the correct scoresheets in this email. If you need immediate attention please call me at 757-630-8532.
Patsy Neal, ODR Scorer Chair
If you have questions email Patsy at firstname.lastname@example.org.